The AMIE (Associate member of Institute of members) examinations are conducted in every June and December. The student is not allowed to appear in more than 4 subjects at a time. If the subject fails in one subject, he/she can appear the same subject again till he completely passes the subject. Those who wish to appear for examination must apply in the prescribed format at the time mentioned below.
The student when clears the subject present in both the sections in A and B, he is said to have passed A.M.I.E examination and becomes a qualified graduate engineer. The associate member of Institute of members, India is a professional degree in engineering was earlier known as Grad I.E by the Government of India. AMIE is equivalent to the B.Tech in engineering and technology which is awarded by the recognised Indian universities.
The candidate has to satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the AMIE entrance examination.
1. The candidate should have attained the age of seventeen years on the date of his/her application for her election.
2. The candidate should have possessed the required educational qualification recognised by the council as given in the institutional examination rules.
3. The candidate shall be in the opinion of the council making satisfactory progress in the acquisition of the qualification for the corporate membership.
4. A recognised 3 year polytechnic diploma or its equivalent in any of the branches in engineering
5. +2/HSC/PDC with Physics, chemistry, and Mathematics with minimum 45% marks.
Exam fee structure
The revised exam fee structure are given in the below scenarios. The candidates are advised to check the details before applying for the same.
1. The candidate’s exam fee for the Nepal/India students for the section A non-diploma stream is Rs.2000.
2. The candidate’s exam fee for the Nepal/India students for the section A diploma stream is Rs.2000.
3. The examination fee for the section B for the Nepal/India is around Rs.2000.
The examination fee is same irrespective of the number of subjects you appear at a time/chance.
Mode of fee payment
AMIE examination fee is to be paid in the form of DD only drawn in favour of “The Institution of Engineers”, payable at Kolkata. Cheque/money order will not be accepted.
How to apply for the examination
The procedure for the application of the AMIE examination is given below.
1. The download of examination form.
2. Get the print outs.
3. Draw DD for the examination fee. The DD must drawn in favour of “the institution of Engineers (India)” payable at Kolkata.
4. Choose your preferred examination centres and keep a note on the examination centre.
The hall tickets will not be sent to nay one’s address. The students are requested to download it from the official website about one week prior to the examination.
The candidates are requested not to staple the draft with the examination form and instead use gem clips.