The NAT (national admissions test) is the entrance examination which is conducted by the Haryana state counselling society through the online off campus centralised counselling based on the JEE based merit ranking. Almost 75% seats are made available to the candidates by the Haryana State counselling society which is completely based on the merit list of the NAT examination.
The students may opt for the designated test centres according to their choice or they can as well opt for the online test. The students wishing to opt for the online test will have to give their online test id code and would get a unique id and password through the SMS or Email 3 hours before the start of the online test.
The candidates have to satisfy the below eligibility criteria to avail the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
1. The candidate has to secure the 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with the one of the following subjects such as Chemistry or computer science.
2. The candidate should have obtained at least 45% together in all the subjects mentioned above. In case of the reserved category, the candidate should have obtained a minimum of 40% in the above mentioned subjects.
3. The candidate can have any other qualification which is considered equivalent by the University.
4. The candidate should have been at least 17 years of age by the 1s date of the month of admission.
The paper pattern for the above examination is given below.
1. The examination consists of the 100 multiple choice questions. The paper consists of 50 Mathematics and 50 Physics.
2. The duration of the examination will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
3. Each of the correct answer will earn 1 mark and an incorrect answer would cut 1 mark.
The candidate should note the following important dates for the NAT(National admission test) examination.
1. The sale of the information brochure and the application forms starts on the 15th September 2014.
2. The sale closes on the date of the 31st may, 2015.
3. The application form should be received by the concerned authorities by the 31st May, 2015.
4. The date of the national admission test is on date of the 5th June, 2015.
5. The declaration of the result is on the date of 12th June, 2015.
6. The first counselling and the admission start on the 21st June, 2015.
7. The classes start on the date of 3rd August, 2015.
Test centres for NAT
The test centres for the Nat examination will be allotted on the priority basis. The list of test centres are given below such as Chandigarh, Delhi, Guwahati, Lucknow, Kanpur, Cochin, Panipat, Shimla, Patna, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Varanasi and online.