The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study i.e., Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, critical thinking ability and aesthetic sensitivity that have been acquired for a longer period of time and that are related to specific field of study i.e. Architecture.
NATA is conducted by the council of Architecture at national level to provide the candidates a single window system for appearing in aptitude test and to facilitate institutions, students and public at large for the admission to the first year of 5 year B.Arch degree course at all recognised institutions all over the country.
The candidates are requested to apply for the NATA entrance examination only once they satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
1. The candidate having passed 10th standard or equivalent examination and above can apply and appear for the NATA examination.
2. Only candidates who have qualified an aptitude test in architecture and have secured at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the main subjects.
3. No lateral admissions are allowed at any of the later stages of the B.Arch courses based on any qualifications.
4. The NATA score is valid for the next two years from the year in which it was attended.
Where to appear for the NATA?
NATA is offered over the major part of the admission at the designated test centres which are located at the colleges/schools of architecture in India. The updated list of test centres is available at the website http://www.data.in.
How to register for the NATA examination?
1. The candidates can apply for the registration online at the official website http://www.nata.in by paying the fees of Rs.1000 either through the credit card or through the debit card/Net-banking.
2. Identify a test centre at a location which is convenient to your location.
3. Select the convenient date for appearing for the NATA.
4. Request test centre to register the candidate on the selected date.
5. Appear for the NATA on the registered date.
Test Fee details
NATA 2014 registration fees can be submitted online at the website http://ww.nata.in by paying the fees of Rs.1000 either through the debit/credit/net-banking.
Important dates to remember
The candidates are requested to remember the following important dates.
1. Online registration for application forms start from the date of 1st March, 2014 onwards.
2. The date of the examination starts from the date of March 14, 2014 onwards on all the working days.
Information for all candidates
1. The candidate must have a valid identification card or document details.
2. The candidate is required to report to the test centre at least 30 minutes beforehand.