The VITEEE 2014 is the VIT entrance engineering examination conducted by the VIT University for the engineering degree courses at its campus. The admissions are for the undergraduate degree and programmes level at the Vellore University (formerly known as the Vellore Institute of Technology).
The candidate has to satisfy the below given eligibility criteria to avail the above VITEEE entrance examination.
1. The candidates must have completed 10+2 from a recognised board or Intermediate or two-year Pre-university examination conducted by the recognised board or High school certificate examination of the Cambridge University or International baccalaureate diploma or advanced level general certificate education examination.
2. The candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology (50% for SC/ST) and candidates from the Northeast and Jammu and Kashmir.
3. The candidates must be born on or after the July 1st, 1992 to be eligible.
The candidates should have cleared the VITEEE to get selected for the examinations. The institute has a rigorous procedure to recruit and admit students into their campuses.
The total number of questions will be 160 divided into four sections with 40 questions with one mark. The duration of the VITEEE is for the period of 2.5 hours. The candidates have to note that there is no negative marking for the VITEEE 2014.
The candidates have to satisfy the below given eligibility criteria for the above mentioned VITEEE entrance examination.
1. The candidate should be a resident/non-resident Indian citizen.
2. The candidates appearing for the VITEEE 2014 should have either completed or should have been appearing in 2014 in the qualifying examination.
3. The final examination (qualifying examination) of the 10+2 system of higher education (state board) , central board of education(CBSE, New Delhi), and the Council of Indian school certificate examination (ISCE, New Delhi)
4. Qualifying examination: The intermediate or two year pre-university examination conducted by the recognised board/university. High school certificate examination of the Cambridge University, International Baccalaureate Certificate, Geneva. The general certificate education (GCE) examination at the advanced level.
5. The candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/Biology) put together should be 50% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST.
6. The candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.E/B.Tech degrees. The candidates who have studies Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible only for the B.Tech Bioinformatics, Bio-medical engineering, and Biotechnology programmes.
7. The date of birth as recorded in the high school/SSC/Xth certificate will be only considered as authentic proof.
How to apply
The candidates can access the official website, fill in the online application form, submit the application form, take a printout, and send the confirmation page to the University.
Applications are available at select post offices/candidates can write to the University with an application request letter/candidates can purchase the application at the counter present at the university.