The written admission test/combined written admission test (CWAT) is conducted by the Army welfare education society (AWES) for admissions to the hotel management, law, fashion design, dental sciences, engineering, education (B.Ed), and other courses in the various Indian Amy institutes present across India.
Various programmes, eligibility and age limit
1. B.Ed programme - The duration of the B.Ed programme is one year and it is full time (NCTE recognised) the programme is offered in the Army institute of education (AIE) in New Delhi, Army college of education (ACE), Army institute of higher education (AIHE). The eligibility criteria for the programme would be minimum 50% aggregate marks. The age limit should be below 35 years as on 1st august of the year of admission.
2. BDS degree – the duration of the programme is 4 years and one year internship. It is being offered in Army College of Dental Science (ACDS), Secunderabad.
3. BSc Nursing programme- the duration of the programme is four years and for the programme, only female candidates are eligible. It is being offered in the Army college of nursing, Jalandhar and Army institute of Nursing, Guwahati.
4. BA LLB- this five year course is being offered in the Army institute of law (AIL), Mohali. The eligibility criteria for the degree would be 21 years. BHM degree course is four years and it is being offered in the Army institute of hotel management and catering technology (AIHM and CT), Bangalore.
5. BSc Nursing programme- the duration of the programme is four years. The female candidates are only eligible for this programme. The programme is being offered by the army college of nursing ( ACN, Jalandhar) and army institute of nursing (AIN, Guwahati)
The eligibility criteria for the candidates to get enrolled in the programme would be a pass in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 50% aggregate.
6. Mechanical, Electrical, telecommunication, and information technology courses will take 4 years. The army institute of technology (AIT), Pune will require the candidates with the eligibility criteria of a pass in the 10+2 with Physics, chemistry and Maths with minimum aggregate of pass in 50%. The candidates should be between 16 to 21 years as on July 01, of the year of admission.
The prospectus and application can be obtained from the concerned institute by paying a requisite amount or by sending the bank draft in favour of concerned institution directly payable to the place where the institution is located. The prospectus is made available at the HQ AWES (Army welfare education scheme) and HQs command (AWES cell).
The final year candidates can also apply provisionally. The candidates canrefer the prospectus for further details.