A joint admission test is conducted by the director of technical education, Assam for selection of candidates for admissions to the first year of the B.E course to the two state government colleges and REC (for Assam quota only). The candidates seeking admissions in any regional engineering college have to apply separately to the principal, regional engineering college, silchar apart from appearing in the Joint admission test.
The students are selected to NITs also through the quota given to the Assam state. The courses offered are given below. Aeronautical engineering, Biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, computer science and engineering, automobile engineering, electrical engineering and many more are the courses offered.
Eligibility criteria for Assam JAT
The candidates who have or wish to apply and appear for the Assam JAT entrance examination are required to satisfy the below requirements.
1. The candidates who have studied hr.sec school examination (12 years) from Assam Hr.sec education council or an equivalent examination with PCM and English.
2. The candidates should have at least obtained 50% marks in aggregate in PCM in one sitting are eligible.
3. The candidate should be of Indian origin and a domicile of Assam.
4. The subjects cleared in the qualifying examination are chemistry, physics, mathematics and English.
5. The general candidates should score minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
6. The scheduled castes and scheduled tribe candidates need to score minimum of 45 percent marks in aggregate.
7. The candidate needs to appear in the joint admission test that is conducted by the technical education director, Assam, for gaining admission into the first year of professional courses.
Assam JAT entrance test pattern
The candidates have to follow the admission test pattern given below.
1. Mathematics- 100 marks in 3 hours
2. Physics- 100 marks in 3 hours
3. Chemistry- 100 marks in 3 hours
4. Biology- 100 marks in 3 hours
Age related criteria
1. The age of the candidate should not be more than twenty one years and not less than seventeen years as on the first day of august in the year the examination is going to be held.
2. The candidates who have passed B.Sc will be given age relaxation of one year in the upper limit.
How to apply
The candidates have to fill up the application forms as given below.
1. The application forms are readily available.
2. The candidates can get this application form through the post.
3. The application fee needs to be submitted through a demand draft in favour of specified authority.
4. The form needs to be filled as per the instructions given in the form and prospectus.
5. The form needs to be filled and needs to be mistake free as it may lead to rejections. The form should be filled without mistakes.