About CPT entrance examination
The CPT is an entrance examination for getting admission into the chartered accountancy course. The test comprises of the four subjects namely accountancy, mercantile laws, general economics and quantitative aptitude. The test is divided into two sessions and each session lasts for two hours.
The CPT is an objective type test that takes place in the months of February, May, August, and November. CPT is a substitute test for professional education (course-I) where one has to study for 10 month course and further has to take a comprehensive theatrical exam. The test will minimize the waiting for entry into the chartered accountancy course. The candidates can choose Hindi medium paper booklet to answer the questions.
Eligibility criteria to take the CA CPT course
The candidate has to satisfy the following eligibility criteria to appear for the CPT entrance examination.
1. The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent from a recognised institution.
2. The candidate must be registered for the common proficiency test with board of the studies of Indian chartered accountancy of India.
3. The candidate if has already registered for the entrance examination, then the candidate has already are eligible for appearing for the examination.
CPT (Common Proficiency Test)
The CPI test is divided into two sessions namely session-1 and session-2. The session-1 contains the 100 objective questions i.e. from the 60 questions from the fundamental of accounts and 40 from mercantile law. The session-2 contains the 100 objective questions .i.e. 50 questions from the general economics and 50 from the quantitative aptitude. Each correct answer carries the correct 1 mark, for every wrong answer ¼ marks will be deducted.
Exam preparation tips
The candidate has to keep in mind that the study material and suggested answers published by the institution of utmost importance and therefore, the candidate should go through them thoroughly.
It is important to prepare notes for successive amendments. The candidate has to go on writing unnecessary lengthy answers that will fetch you unnecessary points. Under mentioned are some more tips to keep in mind to be successful in CPT. Study hard and give some time for relaxation.
1. Keep your goals high to get high rank.
2. Plan out your study material in advance so that you are able to manage due to unexpected delays.
3. Allocate more time for the study hours for the subject that you feel a bit harder.
4. The answers are to be presented in a very neat and systematic manner.
5. A systematic study with a proper time management can surely get your entry into the chartered accountancy course.
6. The candidates are required to get the 50% of the total marks to pass this entrance examination.