About PJET entrance examination
The Punjab state board of the technical education and industrial training has been conducting the JET 2014 on the date of 20th April, 2014 between 10am to 1pm in the various examination centres available in Punjab and Chandigarh. The information brochure and the OMR application forms are made available from the 2nd week of the February at the cost of the Rs.50 per each form.
The applications for the JET 2014 are invited from candidates desirous of seeking admissions tot eh diploma courses in the institutions affiliated to the Punjab state board of technical education and industrial training. The JET will be conducted by the board for admission to various diploma courses which are being offered or proposed to be offered in the institutions.
The admissions to the institutions will be based on the JET merit list. Reservation shall be as per the reservation policy of the Government of Punjab/UT Chandigarh.
The PJET syllabus for this test is broadly based upon the syllabus prescribed for Matriculation examination (i.e.9th class and 10th class) of Punjab secondary school education board.
PJET examination scheme
The examination scheme is given below.
1. The JET-2014 will have one paper of 200 questions. ( English- 40, general awareness and aptitude – 40, Mathematics- 40, Physics- 40 and chemistry-40)
2. The question paper will have the multiple choice objective type questions.
3. There will be no negative marking in the PJET entrance examination.
4. The objective type of questions shall be answered on a pre-printed optical mark reader answer sheet (OMR). The candidate is required to mark his/her responses as per the instructions given on the OMR sheet.
Benefits/concession in diploma courses
The benefits/concessions in diploma courses are given below. The candidates are required to go through them carefully.
1. The full tuition fee concession under the fee waiver scheme for 5% students whose annual income is less than Rs.4.5 lacs.
2. The full fee concession for 80 students whose parent’s annual income is less than Rs.1.5 lac.
3. The full fee concession for top 3% of meritorious students in Government polytechnic institutions.
4. There is no provision of the scholarship of the Rs.10000 and Rs.320 as maintenance allowance to Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists , and Parsi community students by the central government.
5. For the benefit, they must have passed the previous examination with minimum 50% marks and whose annual income is less than the Rs.2 lacs.
6. The full fee concession for SC students and whose parent’s annual income is less than the Rs.2 lacs.
The various courses offered under the PJAT entrance examination are given below.
1. Three year diploma courses
2. Four year diploma courses
The Punjab JET official website is given below www.punjabteched.com.