* STAT - Special Tertiary Admissions Test, aptitude test for non-school leavers
* UMAT - Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test, required for undergraduate entry to many Australian and New Zealand undergraduate-entry medical schools
* ATAR- Australian Tertiary Admissions Test
* Vestibular - University entrance exams in Brazil
* National College Entrance Examination - Standard means of entry to Chinese universities
* AST - Ameson Scholastic Test, originally designed for students who come from China, and are applying for the University of Cambridge of the UK, now used by a handful of UK and Australian universities.
* ICFES exam - Test for all undergraduate students that want to apply to a university in Colombian territory.
* Baccalauréat (or le bac) - Test for all undergraduate students who are looking to enter a university in France.
* Abitur - Test for German students who want to apply to a university in Germany.
Admission procedures and entry tests vary widely across states and universities/institutes. Usually, admission to a university in a state is based upon the performance of the candidates in the state-wide Higher Secondary examinations. These are usually given after completion of the twelfth standard/grade, for e.g. the HSC examinations of Maharashtra. Some states also have special entrance examinations for entry into engineering and medical programs, for e.g. the Common Entrance Test in Karnataka. Admission into federally established institutes like the Central Universities, the IITs and the NITs is usually based on a combination of performance in nation-wide exams such as the AIEEE and the state-level Higher Secondary examinations. Admission to the National Law Universities is based on a merit-cum- preference National level entry examination conducted annually by Common Law Admission Test [CLAT] organising Committee.
* Common Law Admission Test - Standard means of entry to the National Law Universities across India.
* AIEEE - Standard means of entry to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) across India with other reputed private as well as government universities.
* All India Pre Medical Test - Standard test for admission to 15% of Central Government quota merit seats in Government Medical Colleges in India.
* BITSAT - Standard means of entry to BITS Pilani institutes across the country.
* IIT-JEE, HSEE - Standard exams for entry to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and ITBHU
* MAHE, VIT, SRM and KIIT Entrance Examinations- for entry into these reputed private Deemed Universities
* CAT, XAT, JMET,MAT,AMCAT(Amity University) or SNAP - Standard exams for entry to the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other business schools
* EAMCET - Test for admissions into engineering and medical schools in the state
* CEE - Standard means of entry to Delhi College of Engineering(DCE) and Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology(NSIT).
Although from 2010, the CEE has been cancelled and instead both of the above listed institutes will conduct counselling and admissions via the score in AIEEE exam.
* Common Entrance Test, the Karnataka common entrance test (KCET) - Test for admission into medical and engineeringass
* MH-CET, the Maharashtra common entrance test - Test for admission into medical and engineering schools.
* Orissa JEE,The orissa Joint Entrance Examination - Test for admission into medical, engineering management schools
* TNPCEE - Test for undergraduate admissions in the select universities in the state of Tamil Nadu.This test has been removed from admission requirements from the academic year 2007-08 following approval from the then president Dr.APJ Abdulkalam
* TKB - Test for undergraduate admissions in Universitas Padjadjaran, Bandung, Indonesia
* Psychometric Entrance Test (colloquially "The Psychometry") - Required for undergraduate entry to most universities in Israel
* Concoor - Standard means of entry to universities in Iran.
* HPAT - Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test, required for undergraduate entry to Irish Medical Schools
* Examination for Japanese University Admission - Required for entry by foreigners into many Japanese Universities
* NAT - Category I - National Aptitude Test, for admission in Engineering, Computer Science, Medical and Arts in most universities of Pakistan
* Högskoleprovet - the Swedish Scholastic Aptitude Test
* PIL - Test and interview, used by the Karolinska Institute for admission to some of its study programmes
* College Scholastic Ability Test - Standard means of entry to South Korean universities and colleges
* YGS - Standard means of entry to Turkish universities. (1st step )
* LYS - Standard means of entry to Turkish universities. (2nd step)
* HAT - History Aptitude Test
* LNAT - National Admissions Test for Law
* BMAT - Biomedical Admissions Test
* UKCAT - United Kingdom Clinical Aptitude Test
* ELAT - English Literature Admissions Test
* Modern and Medieval Languages Test, provided and required by the Faculty of Modern & Medieval Languages of the University of Cambridge
* STEP - Sixth Term Examination Paper, only the subjects of Mathematics(I, II, III) are available after 2003
* Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA Cambridge)
* Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA Oxford), formerly known as the PPE(Philosophy, Politics and Economics) Admissions Test
* Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA UCL)
* Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT)
* Health Professions Admissions Test (HPAT)
United States and Canada
* SAT - formerly Scholastic Aptitude Test
o SAT Subject Tests
* ACT - formerly American College Testing Program or American College Test
* THEA - Texas Higher Education Assessment
* GRE-Graduate Record Examination
* GED-High School Diploma Equivalent
* GAMSAT - Graduate Australian Medical Schools Admissions Test
* LSAT - Law School Admission Test (some Juris Doctor programs)
* PSU: Prueba de Selección Universitaria
* ECAES - Examen de Estado de Calidad de la Educación Superior
* MH-CET - (Maharashtra-India)
* Common Admission Test (CAT)- (India)
* Graduate Aptitude Test in Enginnering (GATE), JAM and Jmet - Standard means of entry to the graduate courses at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
* Management Aptitude Test (MAT)-(India)
* Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)-(India)
* Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)-(India)
* GAT-GENERAL - Graduate Aptitude Test, for admission in M.Phil and HEC Scholarship Schemes, Pakistan.
* GAT-SUBJECT - Graduate Aptitude Test, for admission in PhD programs, Pakistan.
* NAT - Category II - National Aptitude Test, for admission in Graduate / Masters programs, Pakistan.
United States and Canada
* Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
* Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
* Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
* Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
* Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
* Dental Admission Test (DAT)- (United States)
* Dental Aptitude Test (DAT)- (Canada)
* Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
* Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
* Veterinary College Admission Test (VCAT)
* Allied Health Professions Admission Test (AHPAT)
* Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- National Higher Education Entrance Examination
- Higher School Certificate - New South Wales
- General Achievement Test
- Australian Tertiary Admission Rank
- ACT Scaling Test
- Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test...
- Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admissi...
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test - STAT