National level MCA Entrance Test (NIMCET) is conducted by NIT’s every year to admit students for MCA course in any one of the reputed NIT’s namely Warangal, Tiruchirapalli, Surathkal, Raipur, Kurukshetra, Jamshedpur, Durgapur, Calicut, Bhopal, Allahabad and Agartala. NIMCET 2016 will be held on 29th May 2016 and applications are available online from 3rd March 2016.
Number of Questions:
MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) with four choices for each question.
Marks for correct answer:
Marks for incorrect answer:
MATHEMATICS: (50 questions)
- Set Theory: Concepts of sets – Union – Intersection – Cardinality – Elementary counting, permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansions, Factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms- arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices .
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equations of a line, intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, Continuous functions, Differentiation of functions, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction; Definite integrals, Applications of Definite Integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, General solutions of trigonometric equations.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING: (40 questions)
- The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some of the questions will be on comprehension of a logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
COMPUTER AWARENESS: (10 questions)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
GENERAL ENGLISH: (20 questions)
- Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics.
- Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing.
Click here to register your profile in NIMCET 2016 website:
Follow this post to know more about TSEdCET 2016 Syllabus and Paper pattern: