The All India engineering entrance examination (AIEEE) is a national level entrance examination conducted by the central board of secondary education (CBSE). This entrance examination is conducted for the candidates aspiring for the admissions in the undergraduate engineering and architecture courses. The candidates are admitted to the IITS and NITS who clear this entrance examination.
This highly competitive examination has been renamed as JEE Main as per the HRD ministry regulations. Kindly refer the official website for more information on that. The candidates are given the ranks of All India and state level. The all India engineering entrance examination (AIEEE) consists of two papers paper 1 and paper 2. The examination is conducted in two modes: offline and online. The AIEEE test is usually held in the last week of April and candidates are advised to remember the last dates of filling up the application forms.
AIEEE 2015 eligibility criteria
The following is the eligibility criteria for the candidates to get enrolled to the AIEEE.
1. The candidate must have passed 10+2 grade or its equivalent examination from a recognised board of education in India.
2. The General category candidates should have 50% aggregate examination.
3. SC/ST/OBC/PH category candidates should have at least 40% aggregate marks.
4. The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination in the same year are also eligible to appear in the All India Entrance Engineering examination.
5. The upper age limit to get eligible for the All India entrance examination is 25 years. However, there is relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST/PH candidates.
6. The candidates can attempt the entrance examination consecutively for the maximum of three years.
Syllabus for the AIEEE entrance examination
The syllabus for the AIEEE entrance examination is given as follows.
AIEEE 2015 paper pattern Paper1 and Paper 2
1. Each section comprises of multiple choice objective type questions with each of the questions having four choices.
2. Out of the four choices given, only one answer is given.
3. Each correct answer will be awarded with 3 marks.
4. Paper 1 has negative marking wherein a wrong answer marked for the question is provided negatively marked with one fourth of the total marks provided for the answer.
1. The candidates can apply for the All India entrance examination (AIEEE) by logging in to the website: http://jeemain.nic.in/jeemainapp/Root/Loginpage.aspx.
2. The uploading of the scanned JPEG files of photo, signature and left thumb impression.
3. The candidates have to pay the examination fee through the debit card/credit card or bank Challan.
4. The candidates have to download the acknowledgement receipt and keep it safe. The candidates do not have to send it to the JEE office.