ISAT 2014 is to be conducted by the Indian institute of space science and Technology (IIST) for admissions in the three B.Tech programs namely Avionics, Aerospace engineering and Physical sciences. IIST will publish B.tech ISAT 2014 admissions rank list and the date/avenues for counselling in the IIST official website by the date of 11th July, 2014. The online registration for the ISAT entrance examination registration will commence on the date of 8th June, 2014.
Out of the total available seats, B.Tech in Aerospace engineering has about 60 seats, B.Tech in Avionics has 60 seats and B.Tech in Physical sciences has 36 seats. According to the reservation policy of the Government of India, the scheduled castes category has 15% seat allocation, Scheduled tribes category has 7.5% seat allocation, and the other backward classes (BC) belonging to the Non-creamy layer (NCL) has 27%. Persons with disabilities have their reservation coming to 3% seat allocation.
The ISAT 2014 interested and eligible candidates should register their application only through the online portal admission 2014. After the registration, the candidates should be downloading and printing their Challan to remit the registration fee as given below.
Male candidates in GEN and OBC- Rs.600
Female candidates in GEN and OBC- Rs.600
All SC, ST and PD candidates – Rs.600
ISAT registration fee can be made in any of the branches of state bank of India (SBI) and Union bank of India (UBI). NRI/candidates residing abroad can remit their registration fees through the demand draft (DD) issued by any bank outside India. Candidates must know that the there is no provision for application registration fee refund in ISAT 2014 examination fee.
ISAT Eligibility criteria
The candidates should satisfy the below given eligibility criteria to apply for the ISAT entrance examination.
1. Only the Indian nationals/Indian citizens are eligible for the ISAT entrance examination.
2. The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent.
3. Scheduled castes, Scheduled tribes, and persons with disabilities (PwD) candidates must be born on or after the 1st October 1984.
4. General and other backward classes (OBC) candidates must have born on or after the date of 1st October 1989.
5. Non creamy layer OBC (NCL) candidates must be scoring at least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the PCM subjects in the JEE main examination.
6. SC, ST and PD candidates must score at least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the PCM in JEE main examination.
The candidates residing in India/taking the entrance examination form India should note the following important dates.
1. Online registration of application opening: 8th June,2014.
2. Online registration of application opening: 7th July, 2014.
3. Last date of uploading the scanned images of the institute copy of Challan: 8th July 2014.