About WBJEE 2015
The west Bengal board for the joint entrance examination is for the admissions to undergraduate courses in medical, engineering and technology, dental, Pharmacy and architecture in universities, government colleges and self financed institutions in the state of the academic sessions 2014-2015.
The application for this examination will be received online and the forms are available at the portal of the board at the website http://www.wbjeee.nic.in. It is the common entrance test for admission to different degree level courses in dental, medical, pharmacy and architecture universities, government colleges as well as self-financial technological institutes in the West Bengal.
The WBJEEM-2014 will be conducted on four subjects: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and Biological sciences. Based on the courses offered, there will be three categories of examinees as listed below.
1. Availability of the courses for admission through the WBJEE 2014
Option-1 – Engineering, technology, architecture, pharmacy
Option-2 - Medical/dental/Pharmacy
Option-3 – Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture, Medical and dental
2. Schedule of the examination
The date of the examination is on 19th April, 2014.
3. Subject, marks and timing of the examination
Biological sciences, Mathematics (100 marks), Physics and Chemistry (both are for 75 marks). In every subject, all questions will be multiple choice questions and the answers to each of the questions to be marked on the OMR.
Eligibility criteria for the WB JEE entrance examination
The candidate must be able to satisfy the eligibility criteria for the WB JEE entrance examination.
1. The applicant must be a resident of India.
2. The candidates should have the following academic qualifications (minimum). The candidates must have the higher secondary examination (10+2) or its equivalent entrance examination from a recognised educational institution.
1. Engineering/technology courses
2. Architecture course
3. Pharmacy course
4. Medical/dental course
5. Marine engineering course
The application has to be filled up online at the portal of the board, http://www.wbjee.nic.in. The candidates need to visit the portal and click the requisite link online application WBJEE 2014 and thereafter will be directed to the actual application form.
Issue of the admit card
After the receipt of the confirmation report from a candidate by the board, an admit card will be generated indicating the allotted examination centre for WBJEEM 2014 and a downloadable version of the admit card on production of the same along with two copies of the original photographs.
Important dates to remember
The important dates for the candidates to remember are given below.
1. Online form fill up – 18th December 2014
2. Fee payment – 18th December 2014 to 23rd January 2015
3. Last date of printing the confirmation page – 27th January, 2015
4. Last date of receipt of confirmation page- 04th February, 2014
5. Date of examination – 19th April, 2014
6. Publication of results – 10th June, 2014